Compliments and Complaints?

PLEASE NOTE: This section concerns issues related to patient care related to ImmunizeBC. If you have a compliment or complaint about any other issue, please call 604.707.2400 (main BCCDC number) or email us at

One of the core values that guides our work across BCCDC is putting the needs of our patients first. You can help us live this value and improve our services by providing your feedback – good or bad.

What's the first step?

Complaints are best addressed and resolved at the time and place they occur. If you have a compliment or a complaint, speak with the person who provided the service or to the manager of the area. If you are not comfortable speaking to your service provider, see the section below: What if my complaint is not resolved?

You can call the main switchboard at 604-707-2400 and ask for the program manager or supervisor for the department/clinic area involved in your compliment or complaint.

What if my complaint is not resolved?

Contact the Provincial Health Services Authority’s (PHSA) Patient Care Quality Office directly. Provide as much detail as you can about your experience and the site or program to which you are referring.

PHSA Patient Care Quality Office
Suite 202, 601 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC  V5Z 4C2

phone: 1-604-829-2619
fax: 604-875-3813


What if English is my second language?

The PCQO has translated versions of the PCQO information brochure available in Chinese (simple), Chinese (traditional), Farsi, French, German and Punjabi. You can also request translation services when you contact them.

What can I expect if I complain to the Patient Care Quality Office?

The PCQO handles patient care quality complaints in an open, transparent manner, serving as a liaison between patients and health-care providers during the complaint process. Your feedback will be used to identify improvements to the quality and safety of patient care.

Patient Care Quality Office:

  • will formally record and manage your complaint in a prompt and fair manner.
  • will work with you towards a resolution by connecting with the appropriate care providers and investigating relevant policies and procedures.
  • provide you with a response to your complaint as well as an explanation of decisions and actions taken as a result of your complaint.

What if I am still not satisfied?

If the response from the PHSA Patient Care Quality Office has not resolved your complaint, you may contact the Patient Care Quality Review Board for an independent assessment of the matter.

To request a review of your complaint by the Patient Care Quality Review Board, please contact:

Patient Care Quality Review Board
PO Box 9412
Victoria, BC V8W 9V1

phone: 1-866-952-2448 (toll-free)
fax: 250-952-2428