We are moving in December to Vancouver, Canada from...


We are moving in December to Vancouver, Canada from Venezuela and our children are 7 and 4 years old. is there any immunization record form that BC is requested for school?


Vaccine recommendations and schedules differ between countries. It is important that you bring copies of your children's immunization records with you to Canada. There is no specific form but the record should include at least the name of the vaccines and dates they were given. It is helpful, but not essential that the English translation of the vaccine is available. You can take their immunization records to your local public health unit in Vancouver to be checked. A public health nurse can review your children's records and recommend and provide any missing vaccines. You can find the contact information for your local public health unit here.

You can find a list of vaccines recommended for children and adults in BC here:  http://immunizebc.ca/vaccine-schedules.

Immunization Nurse