Dear nurse, I now need a record for my baby to apply the...


Dear nurse, I now need a record for my baby to apply the school. Is there any other way to obtain the record excepting calling the record section.


ImmunizeBC does not have access to your child’s immunization records. If you need a copy of your child’s immunization records, there are several places you can look:

Check your home for your child’s paper record of immunizations.  Try looking through baby books or other saved documents.  In BC, childhood immunizations are most often recorded in the Child Health Passport.
Check with your local public health unit if your child was immunized at the health unit. Public health units in BC maintain an electronic registry of childhood immunizations provided by public health nurses.
Check with your child’s doctor if your child was immunized at their doctor’s office.

Children without immunization records (or proof of immunity to a disease) are considered unimmunized and unprotected. These children should generally be vaccinated (or revaccinated) to ensure protection.  It is safe to repeat vaccines.  Children can also have their blood tested for antibodies to determine their immunity to certain diseases. Your child’s health care provider can help you determine what is best for your child.  

Immunization Nurse